Friday, October 28, 2005

Bad Blogger!

it has been over a week since my last post, this "retirement" sure is cutting into my blogging time. I have been knitting, top secret project that cannot be photographed until after the deed is done!

A few days ago I had the pleasure to go to visit Communknity again. That store has it all, great staff, huge stock of Rowan yarns, and best of all completely natural lighting. No worries about getting home and finding out that you bought three different dye lots! Never happened to me, nope, no way, ahem. They also carry an extensive library of Rowan books. Have I ever mentioned how much I am in love with Kim Hargreaves, Martin Storey, Sarah Dallas, Kaffe Fassett, Kim Hargreaves, did I mention Kim Hargreaves? I wish I lived on a wild and windy moor, where I could waft around with my messy hair, big lips and gorgeous hand knits!

Anyhoo I picked up Rowan's A Yorkshire Fable and Kim Hargreaves A Season's Tale. Yum. I'd say that I want to knit each and every one of the designs. Here are a few that I plan to make (at least in my head I fantasize about making them).

Kim Hargreaves' Renaissance. Need I say anything? Just lovely.



Kim Hargreaves' Dunoon reminds me of Teva Durham's Tartan Jacket from Interweave Fall 2004 (another designer whom I just love love love!). I still want to knit the Tartan Jacket. Now I'll have to make a choice.



Kim Hargreaves' Heather. Heather is the camel colored cable knit. Although I was unable to join the Cable KAL (due to bizarre blogger issues, and quite possibly my own inability to follow directions), I choose this as my project. I have cast on three times... again issues with reading the pattern before you start to knit. I know that the fourth cast on will be the charm. I am using stashed Kid Classic for this project.



On a sad note, Garland ist tot. I just don't have the patience to spend my hours knitting stockinette on teeny tiny needles. I haven't frogged her yet, but she has been relegated to the back of the project drawer in a Walgreen's bag. Sigh, what a shame.

And I am sure that everyone is dying to know how my photography class is going, given the artistic quality of the photos in this post... Well its just groovy, but it is a class in black and white manual photography, so the benefits have not manifested themselves in my digital world just yet. Not only that, these pics were taken at 8am, inside on a dark and rainy morning. But the quality of photography on this blog will improve! That is my promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need to choose which of the tartan patterned sweaters to make. You need both. The Teva Durham version is a heavy duty, outdoor jacket. Kim's is a lightweight indoor sweater. See, you need both!