Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Super Secret Project Revealed (better late than never)

I know that I had mentioned that I was working on a top secret project before Christmas. I had wanted to photograph it and post about it before we left on our trip. I did photograph it, but the photograph was hideous.So here it is in a more flattering light, sans body unfortunately, but well photographed.



And a slightly closer view of the cables. Very yummy! Spouse loves it, but it is almost too heavy to wear in our climate. We're just going to have to go skiing soon!




Details: Stocksmoor from Rowan's "A Yorkshire Fable"; knit in Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Chunky in Stout and String, on Crystal Palace Bamboo Circs. The pattern does not require circs, but it is a massive sweater and easier to control on circs. It was an easy knit (except that I had to knit it on the sly, and when caught one day I said it was a blanket... for my mother...), and I highly recommend the pattern. It is the first time that I have knit anything using the recommended yarn and the colors from the pattern book. Not surprisingly it turned out just as it looks! Yowza - might try that again. Oh, and may I just say, I am mad for cables!

I am trying my hand at these darling wristlettes, using stashed yarn. When I first started knitting I went on a mad spree of buying little bits of expensive yarns and as a result I have a pretty big stash of Kid Silk Haze and other mohair varietals, and yet not enough of any one to make anything significant. So a project like this is great. It will be my first attempt at using beads in knitting. Bring it on Mrs. B.

2 comments:

Christie said...

You go on girl! Knitting a sweater for me is a long process, so kudos to you for making a man sized one! The cables and stipes look great!

Anonymous said...

Nice sweater! Very nice sweater. And if you don't go skiing, send it east, ok?