Monday, January 23, 2006

A meme, an excuse

It is past my bedtime. I have been neglecting my spouse in favor of finding appropriate nasty rap for pre show music for my upcoming show (and re-entry into the theatre world). I love my husband, but I am so keyed up I can't go to bed right now...

And so in an attempt to cool down before flinging myself into bed I was doing a little blog reading. Rabbitch has just completed a fun "meme" (yah yah I know all about the ME ME ness of the memes, and possibly I just wish that once I'd be tagged, but I know I have to participate, and POST, and KNIT...) so I grabbed it, cos its fun, and its late, and I need to blow off some steam...

4 Jobs I have held:
1. Deli worker (fired)
2. Stage Hand (contract work)
3. Petting zoo grunt - animal poop duty as well as feeding (loved it - moved)
4. Costume designer (still do when I get the chance)

4 Movies I'd watch over and over and over and over....
1. Franco Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliet
2. Julie Taymor's Frida
3. Persuasion
4. A Clockwork Orange

4 Shows I watch
1. Lost
2. 24
3. Rome
4. Arrested Development

4 Places I have lived
1. Chile
2. The Philipines
3. Spain
4. San Francisco, CA

4 Vacations
1. Waikiki (every Thanksgiving - with family - always wonderful)
2. Bocas del Toro, Panama (visit family - see post dated )
3. Bangkok (Biz trip for spouse, amazing time for me)
4. Italy (honeymoon, and can't wait to do it again)

4 Websites
1. Rabbitch
2. Supperstarra
3. Grommit Knits
4. Yahoo

4 Foods (and really must I???? This is ridiculous! ((despite the fact that I took on this "meme" myself))
1. really good sashimi, especially hamachi (of course with a nice daikon salad and a bowl of miso to start)
2. big, bloody New York steak with LOTS of horseradish
3. arugula salad with perfectly ripe bosc pears and toasted pecans
4. a nice smelly camenbert with a perfectly ripe Fuji apple and a rich, rich cab (ploughman's fantasy)
4. Duck
4. my mom's flan
4. Contents of most gourmet grocery stores....

4 Places I'd rather be
1. on a chaise, on a beach with a Mai Tai in hand
2. Via Spiga, Milan
3. Isla Bastimentos
4. in bed with spouse

Ca, c'est tout.

Knitting goes at its pace. I HATE Kid Silk, but that is another post, and will follow with pics in the next day or two.

PS If anyone has any suggestions for really nasty rap that is Latino and possibly with a female vocalist...I need 30 seconds worth.

4 comments:

Christie said...

I wish I knew of a nasty Latina rapper! What is this talk of a theatre debut?!?!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid my rap lexicon is non-existent. Good luck with the show and I'm really envious of the places you've lived!

Anonymous said...

Which can you not wait to do again? The honeymoon or the trip to Italia?

Chela Jane said...

Italia, silly. Would do honeymoon over with same husband though.