Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Meet my leetle friend...

Flora!



from Knitty. Details: the three yarns stranded together are Lang's Venezia, Lang's Pearl and GGH's Soft-kid. The resultant variegation looks like peppermint candy to me! The pattern is delightfully easy to follow, and the flower was great fun to make. The button is from my vast array of buttons that I have collected over the years.



In the flesh the flower looks terrific and very three dimensional.



This gives a better view of the color, but the flower is still a little fuzzy. The flower has stamens! The center of the flower is made with a twisted loop; you loop about three inches of yarn, twist it until it twists back on itself and then slide the top of the loop back over the needle. What you are left with is a big boucle like nub and a new stitch! Genius!

***


A sweet side story; Husband is out of town on business, and it had put out older dog into a state. He was panting uncontrollably last night, which worried me terribly. So I did what any right minded hypochondriac would do, I went on-line! Excessive panting in a healthy dog is often an indicator of stress. So I went back to comfort my stressed dog (should add that I know he is healthy, we were just at the vet a week ago). About 11 Devil Dog and I fell asleep, but I knew Angel dog was still up and panting. I vaguely heard him go out the dog door, and when after a certain amount of time he didn't come in, I woke up and decided to hunt for him. Looked out the back door, called for him, no dog. So I looked out the front door... and there he was curled up in the drive way, looking at the gate, waiting for his master. ! Awwwwwww!

2 comments:

Christie said...

That is gorgeous! I didn't see the pattern at first, but I immediately printed it up and will make some for Christmas gifts. Love the button!

So cute, puppy dog!

Anonymous said...

What a cuddly looking scarf.
I hope your poor puppy is calmer now.