Thursday, September 15, 2005

Uh-oh

Seems that I have a problem...



A seriously bad case of repetitive startitis or is it chronic non-finishitis syndrome. Lets see; starting with the lavender pile on the far left we have the endless stockinet sea of Garland- back completed, sleeves in progress, front and ruffles... ugh; next the Drop Stitch cardigan from the Fall Intereweave in the variegated Manos- back and sleeves complete, fronts just itching (literally) to be cast on; light blue is the second Eowyn that I am knitting on dpns - having issues with the ugliness factor; brown ribbon is being knit into the ruffled hand bag from Knitting On the Edge; the light royal blue is the badly, sadly flawed Iris; the pile of color in the front is my latest experiment with handmade felt.





First step is admitting you have a problem. Right? I am assuming that this can be remedied by low doses of cabernet (a Chianti will do in pinch as pictured above) and a strict yarn diet. Yes, I am not buying yarn for another project until I finish (or frog) these. Starting right now...

Right now is of course after yesterday when I finally got my grimy paws on Rebcca issue 30, and spent a delicious hour in Imagiknit* squeezing balls of yarn, choosing the yarn and the button to knit Flora from Knitty.

On a closing note, Friday September 16th is my last day at my job. A huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. It is the right move, and yes I am a little scared... but I'm also a little excited. I mention this because my last entry was more than a little bitter, and contained a vast amount of complaining. In addition to my yarn diet, I am going on a gripe diet. Starting... tomorrow... what follows is a wee gripe, so if you are not up to it you can stop reading here.

*Just a little side note, I have always felt welcomed at Imaginknit until yesterday. I guess they were very busy, as evidenced by the woman who was at the counter when I approached with my magazine and my small (really and truly it was small) pile of yarn, she dashed away blurting out as she dashed "I have three things in my queue". Apparently I was not one of those things. The wan looking young woman who was seated next to her behind the counter resignedly wafted my direction (a staggering 2 feet, but it might as well have been a mile) and vaguely waved at my small pile, "Is ALL this yours". Yep, all three skeins, and that button, and that magazine. Lordy, sorry to disturb your finger nail polish chipping. Now there are days when I have been less than a joy to be around, but I try to strap it on in public - I have smiled through hang-overs, PMS, back spasms, cramps, the like... If I worked in Yarn Nirvana I would probably be grinning from ear to ear the long way round morning, noon and night. Wan girl I am sorry if you were having a bad day, but it wasn't very much fun.


No comments: