Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Confiscate my sticks

Clearly I am incapable of following the simplest increase and decrease instructions.



Notice how half way up the decreases move abruptly to the right? This is wrong, it should be a smooth unbroken line! I have to frog this(O$@#%&*&^%# again. Is it worth banging my head against a wall again, and again, and again?

I have knit this:



and this:



So why can't I knit this:



I cannot get the number of stitches to decrease according to the pattern. My decreases are incrementally larger than the ones called for in the pattern! The only thing that I can think is that the picked up loop at the lead edge of the front should not be Ptog on the purl row!!!! But the pattern specifically says "do not count the picked up loop" followed by "purl first stitch and picked up loop together" on the very next row! I attempted to add stitches sneakily on the armhole side to compensate for my dippy decreases, but as you can see it breaks up the line of the front (and would probably add a weird extra pooch). Part of me is ready to throw this monster in the frog pond, but I really want it! Perhaps I should just find another bolero/shrug to knit!

I give up. I am going to knit scarves from now on...

****

On another note, does anyone know what a wahoo is? This man does:



This is my Pop-Wop, looking like a kid in a candy store (or a wet kid who just caught an 18 lb wahoo). He is one of my favorite people. All of my friends have at one point in time or another compared him to Indiana Jones. He is adventure and fun and bad jokes and my very own Pop-Wop. He lives in Panama, and probably doesn't even know that Sunday was Father's day. But he sent this fangtastic picture, so I thought I'd share one of my best friends with you.

2 comments:

Christie said...

My sister made the Angelina...so pretty...all that 2x2 ribbing tho! One of these days.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up. It's too cute. I'll take a look at the pattern this evening and see if I can figure something out (for what it's worth).