Friday, April 08, 2005

Testing the photo posting waters


IMGP0488
Originally uploaded by chelajanenoto.
My inner ludite is rearing her ugly, truculent head. I am lost with this photo hosting business. Why can't I just drag and drop... Oh well bear with me as I figure out how to post, format, move about etc.

I suppose that I might have more success if I read the directions, but I am very, very, very resistant to reading directions.

On to the photo: I just completed this wonderful sweater (and no that is not a tarantula crawling across the waistline, but an ornate purple rhinestone broach). The pattern is from White Lies Designs. I used about 1200 yards of 4 ply baby alpaca that I picked up at Stitches West. The yarn was in two unmarked hanks, so I don't know who produces it, only that I am totally in love with alpaca, and now want to knit everything in alpaca.

Currently I am working on the Norah Gaughan's wrap front hoodie from the Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting. So far the back is extremely uninteresting, just an episode of Seinfeld and last Monday's 24 worth of 2x2 ribbing and stockinet stitch (translates into 10 inches... with variations in tension based on proximity of Jack Baur to the bad guys... will President Keeler survive??? Yikes. Will my hoodie be all discombobulated? Will summer ever come to Los Gatos?) But I am looking forward to working the two-sided frost flower lace on the front. (Will summer arrive? Please tell me that it will!)

1 comment:

EugeneONeillWannaBe said...

Nyeah! I know, the photo thang is confussing. We've both gotten them into posts, but what about putting one in your profile???

Love,
G