Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Les quiero presentar mi muy buen amiga...

La Dolores II Desnuda

And La Dolores II


Dolores II is pictured above wearing a dress that I will never finish. Its a loverly dress, but cut on the bias, which is a pain in the ass cut successful. She is also sporting one of my first knitted projects, skinny scarf in black gorilla, um, eye lash yarn. Once upon a time there was a Dolores I. She was not adjustable, but she was dependable. She perished in flames years ago in the infamous 'Day-after-Thanksgiving-Haight-Street fire' of 1994.

Dolores II came into my life about a year ago. She had been working as a lingerie model in a friend's bedroom for nearly eight years. The friend was downsizing, and so Dolores II came to me. I should add that Dolores II was named in honor of Dolores I by said friend. Now Dolores II is in my steady employ as a knit wear model, 'cos really its easier to take a picture of* your finished projects on a person (object) than to juggle a camera, compose a shot and take a decent picture front of the mirror. (I have proof positive that some of you can do it, and with good result, not me).

Corsa and Godiva feel that it is not fair that Dolores II gets a whole blog entry to herself. They also would like everyone to visit their Dogster pages. They would like to go on record that they had blogs long before the author did. So there!


* (05/04/05) Good grief, I really can finish my sentences. Apologies to all who read this post last night when my editor was on VACATION!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute bags, cute dogs and very cool Dolores II. I've always thought having a dressmakers mannekin would be a great way to figure out if a knit will fit. Much easier than messing with tape measures and math!