Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A sunny weekend and...

…very little knitting happened. It was comprised of riding these around the hills and valleys of Santa Clara. 'Cowboy', my wonderful bike is in the foreground, and 'Max', Husband's new ride is in the background…



The weather was glorious, the sun was shining, and the open road was calling. And so we heeded that call.

Now you might wonder at the names. I have long held that all modes of transport are feminine. I think this comes from some old wives tale that ships are given women’s names, some where along the line in childhood I came to believe that this extended to all forms of transport. 'Cowboy' is a girl, don't argue with me, she is! 'Max' on the other hand might be the very first vehicle that I have met that is decidedly masculine.

‘Cowboy’ also provides handy storage…


I rarely see gear that I covet, but on Sunday I saw this
helmet. Click on the helmet pictured at the bottom of the page called "Flowers". I long to make my practical silver helmet into something more, well, feminine and sorta sassy. I thought I might find some nice stickers to jazz it up. Any suggestions? Perhaps a few decorative knit flowers? Here my practical helmet is loafing in the garden with the very little progress that I made on B’s purse.


On a side note; Gina Lola Cat is disgusted with the dog bias of this blog. If she were bigger she would eat the dogs and rule the world. She is working on the “getting bigger” part of her master plan by eating all of her kibble for "Cats in Active Maturity”, as well as as many unguarded pork tenderloins as she can find.

4 comments:

Christie said...

My friend used to name her cars according to if their were manual or automatic. Automatic were feminine, manual...well, they've got a 'stick'.

Chela Jane said...

Hee hee! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gina looks a lot like her namesake around the eyes -- I can just see that sultry, come hither/stay away lure that I associate with Ms. Lollabrigida (sp?).

My cars get female names, stick or not. How could I give my bright red beetle, with its red and black interior, a male name?

Tanya Kristine said...

love your doggie...

you can see mine at www.kodycode.blogspot.com