Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Politics of Dancing...

the politics of ooooooo feelin' good...

Huh? Wha? Me too. I walked into Trader Joes to pick up some lunch, and smack dab into 1983 (or thereabouts). I got a little giddy while picking out my yogurt flavor, I was trying not to dance while I chose my soup, by the time I got to the check out I was only able resist waving my arms in the air like a bleeding idiot because I was loaded down by a basket and a purse.

But what the hell are the politics of dancing? I think I'm down with the politics of oooooo feelin' good. But dancing? And now the song is burned in my brain. Sugar sweet boppy silliness. Get me some shoulder pads, some 3-inch pumps in turquoise, and a strawberry blond fall and I am set to lobby for the politics of dancing.

And speaking of turquoise....

…late Tuesday evening

…some sewing took place...

and this made its public debut on Wednesday!



I was practicing the politics of ooooo feelin good during my photo shoot.

4 comments:

Christie said...

Is that the sweater from Vogue? It looks cute!

Ugh...that song...what was the meaing of most of the songs from the 80's? 'Safety Dance'? A lot of songs about dancing, though.

Chela Jane said...

Nooooooooo. Now I'll have Safety Dance stuck in my head... You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind... WTF?

Chela Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the hoodie! Is it from the most recent Vogue Knitting? What yarn did you use -- I'm too lazy to go searching through the archives...