Monday, May 02, 2005

Felting on the edge...

Firstly, many thanks to all who responded to my plea for help regarding the YO dilemma. I think I am on track now, and will post pictures as I go.

I am laid low by a flu bug at the moment. Thing seems to have come out of nowhere, not a soul I know is sick right now, and I have the sturdiest constitution known to womankind! So I am deeply distressed by this turn of events; deeply distressed, achy, stuffy, sore and cranky! Lovely combo! To top it off, our workplace has instituted a "if you are sick, don’t bother to show up" policy, which is fine if you are salaried, but for me, it means I don't get paid. Oh well. Less yarn for me this month.

A few weeks ago I started a felted bag of my own design. I decided that I wanted a little summer bag, in pink and yellow. I fearlessly began knitting. I did, in a moment of clarity, write down my steps as I knit the first side. Lucky thing that, as yesterday I decided to knit the second half of the bag. I finished the bag while watching Neverland (sobbing hysterically, Johnny Depp and a Scottish accent... had I died on the sofa yesterday, it would have been as a happy woman!).

Here is the bag pre-felting:



And post:



I am very pleased. Contrary to my last foray into felting with Cascade 220, this bag is not bizarrely shaped, it is exactly as I had envisioned it. Honestly I don’t know why or how it turned out as well as it did. I did write up the pattern which I am happy to share with anyone who is interested. I am thinking of needle felting a flower on to the front. Any suggestions?

Now I go back to the Hoodie, and Godiva goes about her business in the garden....

No comments: